THE Social Enterprise Accelerator
More than ever, we need ideas. Ideas that do more than sustain a business model – they solve a real societal problem or empower a community to improve their quality of life.
Sometimes, those ideas – even the great ones – don’t see the light of day because they don’t have the right connections, resources or funding. We are here to help entrepreneurs overcome these issues, to inspire creative thinkers and to help make their dreams real. The road to positive change is long, but the destination is worth every twist and turn.
Central Florida Social Enterprise Accelerator’s mission is to create positive social change by propelling qualified social entrepreneurs to build their ideas into self-sustainable ventures within our community. We work with social entrepreneurs in the early stages of developing their product or business who are looking for help or guidance.
- An up to 6-month customized program with proven curriculum, designed by Rollins College and successful entrepreneurs, held two times per year
- Access to a team of mentors that are serial commercial and social entrepreneurs
- Access to legal, accounting and marketing service professionals
- Access to faculty and student interns from Rollins College, nationally recognized for its focus on social entrepreneurship
- A collaborative work environment at Rollins College in beautiful Winter Park, Florida
- Two boot camps per year to prepare entrepreneurs for the accelerator
- End of Accelerator pitch event with the winner guaranteed a minimum $25,000 investment
- Additional funding potential for both nonprofit and for-profit social enterprises from the Entrepreneurs in Action Social
- Enterprise Venture Fund or the Social Enterprise Endowment Fund at Central Florida Foundation
2017 application submission timeframe has eneded
Our passion to find solutions for real societal problems is the driving force behind what we do. Doing good is as important, if not more so, than doing well. Social entrepreneurs, your success matters to us.
CRACK THE CODE
There are a million barriers between a great idea and its realization. We will not be discouraged: our mandate is to help entrepreneurs break through these barriers to achieve success.
Let’s do more than just get ideas off the ground. Let’s propel them to soaring heights. Let’s achieve a double bottom line that delivers tangible results and infinite sustainability. And let’s commit to always improving how we do that.
are individuals who see the wisdom in combating intractable issues with organizations that earn their own revenue.
- Evaluate and select accelerator applications
- Mentor two companies from the Accelerator per year
- Judge event finalists in the Accelerator pitch event
are corporate partners that appreciate the power of social enterprise and want to align with this movement happening in Central Florida.
- All benefits of Rally Makers
- Recognition in all Boot Camp and Accelerator marketing and program materials
- Signage in shared workspace at Rosen Center
- Lunch and learn presentation to Accelerator classes
are corporate partners that are ready to take a leadership role in the development of Orlando as a national hub for social enterprise.
- All benefits of Seed Investors
- Option to assign an executive to provide subject matter mentorship to Accelerator
- Present finalists in Accelerator pitch event
We’ll get there. And we’ll get there together.
Central Florida’s leaders and investors are looking to address the social issues within our community. This accelerator offers a new approach for solving Central Florida’s social, environmental and economic challenges by helping develop new business models aimed at correcting or reversing those issues, while at the same time, giving investors an alternative method for investing and giving back to their community. It is the only accelerator in Central Florida with the education, mentorship, resources, community, networking and funding to help early stage social entrepreneurs develop their ideas and build sustainable ventures that make a difference.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form